1.22.2012

rethinking, again

I'm so damned inconsistent and indecisive.
.
.
.

Rather than eat all my calories at one time during the day, thus expanding my stomach and having an expectation for a large meal every day, would it not be better to eat 2 to 4 times, with 1/2-1/4 the amount?  Then having a "shrunken stomach" faster?  Am I making sense?
.
.
.
New Meal Plan (350 calories per day)
  • 9:00AM -half-recipe oatmeal (elaborated at bottom) - 100, coffee
  • 1:00PM -1 ounce neufchatel (75), 1 slice toasted wholegrain bread (75) - 150
  • 5:00PM - 1/3 cup wild rice, curried lentils to make total 1/2 cup, coffee - 100 
  • SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY MEAL: 1/2 lemon Larabar - 110
  • If satisfied at any point during a meal, drink the coffee, take one more bite, and dump it!
Shopping list for 2 weeks:
  • 1+ cups dry red lentils
  • 2.5 cups dry wild/forbidden rice
  • red curry, hot curry, and yellow curry
  • almond milk
  • "butter"
  • coffee
  • fat-free creamer (optional)
  • lemon Larabars (optional)
  • 14 slices wholegrain bread
  • 14 ounces neufchatel
  • some steel cut oats
  • some unsweet dried cranberries
  • some 0% greek yogurt
So.  There's this fabulous blog (no longer updated sadly) that the author posted pictures of her breakfast every day.  And almost every day it was a beautiful-looking oatmeal of some sort or another.  Pics are via google.com.  And it made me want to make oatmeal myself.  So 1/2 of this 185-calorie "recipe" will be my breakfast, so roughly 100 calories.
  • 1/3 cup cooked oats (50)
  • 1/3 cup 0% greek yogurt (45)
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries (30)
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseed (30)
  • small bit nut butter (30)
In addition, I planted yesterday a ton of tomatoes, some raspberries, squash, corn, cauliflower, and cantaloupe.  If/when these grow properly, I will incorporate what I get into my meal plan gladly!  There's something about growing your own food that even an eating-disordered girl can appreciate. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love oatmeal/porridge and have it most mornings :D I've started trying different flavours too and it's so exciting to wake up knowing you can eat something new, yummy and guilt free (almost) and they are a great way to get rid of cravings too :)
    Home grown food is the best for sure :)
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete

$0.02: